Resources » Various Articles on Rajasthan
About Jaipur metro rail (JMRC) stations and route map
The Jaipur metro rail (JMR) will open for the public soon. Here you can get a complete Jaipur metro rail route map with station names of both the east-west and the north-south corridor. Read more!
Jaipur Metro Railways (JMR) (जयपुर मेट्रो), after the successful runs of the metro railways in Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai and other places, is going to be another attraction of the Pink City of Rajasthan. Built upon the Mumbai metro rail model, the metro railways of Jaipur, Rajasthan, which is often shortened to JMR Rajasthan, is an under construction urban rapid transit system. The construction work of the first tracks of it which will cover a distance of 9.2 km from Mansarovar to Chandpol, began on November 13, 2010. To look over and run the works relation to Jaipur metro rail and to recruit staffs as per the requirement, a company called the Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (JMRC) was formed the 1st January, 2010, as per the Companies Act, 1956. The chairperson of JMRC is Sh. Gurdial Singh Sandhu, who is an able administrator and an IAS officer.
Jaipur metro rail (JMRC) stations
The Jaipur Metro Railway or the JMR will have two corridors or lines. The lines of Jaipur metro rail will be the east-west corridor and the north-south corridor respectively. The Jaipur metro rail stations will be as given below:
- East-West Corridor - Mansarovar, New Aatish Market, Vivek Vihar, Shyam Nagar, Ram Nagar, Civil Lines, Jaipur Railway Station, Sindhi Camp Bus Stand, Chandpole, Choti Chaoupar and Badi Chaoupar.
- North-South Corridor - Durgapura, Jawahar Circle, World Tade Park, Malviya Nagar, MNIT, Bajaj Nagar, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Nehru Place, Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Narayan Singh Circle, Sawai Mansingh Hospital, Ajmeri Gate, Government Hostel, Sindhi Camp Bus Stand, Collectorate Circle, Chinkara Canteen and Panipech.
Jaipur metro rail (JMRC) route map
As stated above, there is going to be two corridors of the Jaipur metro railways, the east-west corridor and the north-south corridor. The east-west corridor is also called the Green Line while the north-south corridor is also known as the Orange Line. You can get the complete Jaipur metro rail station route map from the official website of the Jaipur Metro Railways Corporation Ltd (JMRC) which has been provided below:
Facts on Jaipur Metro Railways
Here are some facts about the Jaipur Metro Railway (JMR) which we thought we might just find interesting. Check them out!
• Transit type of Jaipur Metro Railways: Rapid transit
• Number of lines in Jaipur Metro Railways: 2 (Phase 1)
• Number of stations in Jaipur Metro Railways: 29
• Daily ridership of Jaipur Metro Railways: roughly 6 lacs (one way)
• Headquarters of Jaipur Metro Railways: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India (see detailed address below).
• Operation of Jaipur Metro Railways Began: 2010 (line 1), under construction
• Operator(s) of Jaipur Metro Railways: Jaipur Metro Railways Corporation Limited (JMRC)
• System length of Jaipur Metro Railways: 32.5 kilometres
• Track gauge of Jaipur Metro Railways: 1,435 mm (4 ft 8+1⁄2 in) standard gauge
• Electrification of Jaipur Metro Railways: 25 kV, 50 Hz AC through overhead
• Average speed of Jaipur Metro Railways: 33 km/h (21 mph)
• Top speed: 80 km/h (50 mph)
• Jaipur metro rail start date: Around June 2013.
If you are love a fascinating career in Jaipur Metro Railways and are actually seeking Jaipur metro rail jobs then you will require to submit your CV along with the proofs of your educational qualification. The recruitments are all subject to the necessities and vacancies and there is no guarantee of a job. Still you can try it out by contacting at the following address. If you are a business person or a contractor, then instead of the address you should check out the list of Jaipur metro rail new tenders bids. All the existing tenders and bids along with the upcoming bids of the Jaipur Metro Rail (JMRC) are available in the official site of the JMRC as given above.
Jaipur Metro Rail JMRC contact address
Behind Udyog Bhavan
Jaipur - 302005, Rajasthan,
Telephone No. - 2385790, 2385791
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...