2 cups good quality Basmati Rice
4 cups Water
3 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
4 Bay leaves
25 Black pepper
2 Black Cardamom
Preparation of jeera pulao:
Wash Basmati Rice 3-4 times and soak in water for about 20 minutes.
• Take a non stick pan and pour little oil.
• Heat the oil medium and add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom, cloves and black pepper.
• Fry until it turns to golden brown add the rice and salt,
• Add double the amount of water for rice and mix well. .
• When it begins boiling reduce the flame into low and close it with a lid.
• Waite until the water is completely absorbed.
• Adding ghee enhance the taste, serve the jeera pulao hot with any paneer gravy, mushroom gravey or raita.