· 2-cup wheat
· 1/2 cup split yellow moong dal
· 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
· 3 green chilies
· 1/2 tbsp asafetida
· 2 tbsp pure ghee
· Salt to taste
· Clean, wash and soak the wheat overnight.
· Drain it and keep aside.
· Clean, wash and soak the moong dal for 2 to 3 hours.
· Drain and keep it aside.
· Grind the wheat to a coarse paste in a blender without using any water.
· Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker.
· Now add cumin seeds, green chilies and asafetida.
· When the seeds crackle, add the ground wheat and moong dal and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
· Add salt and 5 cups of hot water and pressure cook for 6 to 7 whistles or until the wheat is cooked.
· Now Bikaneri khichdi is ready to serve.