· 1 spoon cashew nuts
· 1 spoon raisins
· saffron few strands
· 1 cup basmati rice
· 1/2 tbsp green cardamom powder
· 2 tbsp ghee
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 50 gms sugar crystals
Method of preparing kesari bhaat :
· Soak rice for half an hour.
· Heat up ghee in a pan.
· fry raisins and cashew nuts, remove and keep aside.
· In the same ghee mix in rice and stir-fry till rice starts separating.
· Dissolve saffron in warm water and keep aside.
· Mix in 11/2 cup of boiling water to the rice and mix in saffron water and let it cook.
· When half done mix in sugar and continue to stir fry till all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
· Finally mix in the cardamom powder and decorate it with fried dry fruits and sugar crystals.
· Serve hot.