You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedbacks

Gear up guys

Hi members

As you know this site is pretty new and so still not that popular. Yesterday I browsed the spider sites of other states and almost all of them are ahead of us in Alexa rankings. In fact we don't even feature in top 1,00,000 sites yet. To bring in more views to this site we need a lot of content in business categories and resources. I have been here for last 3 days and have found just a handful of persons contributing ( the interesting things is that 75% or more of them are females). But at this speed we won't be able to push the site in top 10,000 within 6 months. We need members but we need contributions as well. It has been a month or more since the site began but only 10-12 persons have reached the silver membership stage which can be obtained once you accumulate 50 points, and that is not a very typical task.

I have been on indiastudychannel for past 4-5 months and that site is within top 150 sites of India. All that became possible due to some very serious contribution by the members and efforts put by the editors & webmasters. This site is very new and we can become the stepping stone here. We have lot of things available to contribute. I think the slow income is a big factor demotivating the members. But look at a larger picture. No enterprise becomes successful in a day. Until and unless you put some hard work in it success will elude you for even a much longer time than you anticipated. If we all work hard without giving too much thought to the low cash credits, the site will be a big hit in no time and that will be beneficial for all of us. I hope the members will understand what I wanted to convey to them.

The alexa ranking of rajsthanspider.com today is 4,798,266 ( this isn't Indian rank). The site has yet to break into top 1 lakh sites of the country. I will be putting updates regularly so that we know how much are we progressing.

Prateek
    Well said Prateek,

Just to add to your point, Alexa ranking depends on if traffic of any website comes from Search Engine. There may be possibilities that peer website about rajasthan is much more than other state website.

It is possible if website contents get crawled and indexed in search engine, to do so I request members to:

- Use meaningful Tags while posting any Resource to RS
    - Use a meaningful title as by title itself one can understand the contents of resource.

So guys, keep on with good pace and make RS towards great success.

Thanks and Regards,
    Ankit Narang

Today's Alexa ranking of RS is 3,041,246.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Ankit Narang

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.